– transcultural music collaboration
Music is the most precious thing. It surpasses all the borders and boundaries that we humans like to put up. It speaks directly, heart-to-heart, in an often troubled world and reminds us of all the things we have in common. Luckily, we found an easy resonance between South Korea and Denmark in this project.
The Gori Project is a transcultural music collaboration playing the music from the internationally critically acclaimed release The Gori Project.
The project, unfortunately, has suffered setbacks as far as live performance, like many other things, due to Covid-19.
Once things somehow normalize a bit, we are ready to bring the music to live audiences!
The Gori Project II (2021-2023)
- Eunhee Choi 최은희 (KR) – gayageum
- Byunggil Choi 최병길 (KR) – Korean percussion
- Hyelim Kim 김혜림 (KR) – taegŭm (Korean flute)
- René Damsbak (DK) – trumpet and electronics
- Torben Westergaard (DK) – bass
- Eddi Jarl (DK) – drums